If I were to be stranded on a deserted Island, the following items is an extreme must.
- Flint – Reason: Flint lights your fire that you need to boil the water you have carefully filtered for drinking water.
- Multi tool pocket knife – Reason: The multi tool has a saw that will help cut the wood for the fire, and has many other functions.
- Emergency kit – Reason: you can buy various sizes, I have one that fits into my handbag. This has a mirror, fishing line, hooks, compass, candle, waterproof matches etc.
- Emergency rations for the first couple of days while you get your bearings. Protein bars fit easily into your bag.
- First-aid kit – Reason: that is obvious, if you are stranded on a deserted Island, it was due to an accident, either airplane or boat. You are going to have injuries.
No you don’t need a mobile phone, because there will be no signal. The mirror in the emergency kit is for flashing light to passing boats and airplanes.